Prep 5 mins
Cook 17 mins
A wonderful low-fat breakfast (2 grams)
- 10 ounces frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat granola
- Combine frozen berries, sugar and cornstarch in a saucpan; bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in fresh blueberries, orange rind and salt; set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in toaster oven or dry skillet, toast granola until lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- To serve, divide blueberry mixture among serving bowls and top with granola.
My son could not get enough!!! Thanks for a great recipe.
I downsized the recipe to just one serving for myself and enjoyed every bite of this sweet treat for breakfast. The addition of the orange zest really brightens the flavors.