Recipe by Erindipity
These aren't really biscuits, but they do make a nice low point breakfast treat. If you are expecting a traditional baking powder biscuit, this is the the recipe you want. The oatmeal gives the biscuits a nuttier flavor and they end up tasting more like a blueberry muffin than a biscuit. The batter is rather runny, so I recommend you use a cookie scoop when putting them on the baking sheet. I was given this recipe by a friend in WWs. These are 1 point per biscuit.
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grind the oatmeal into a flour using your food processor.
- Combine the oatmeal, Splenda and baking powder.
- Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until it resembles a course meal.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Place mixture into 13 mounds on a parchment lined baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- I like to serve with a little wild honey (counting the points of course).