Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My family really liked these breakfast bars. They were so easy and fast to make. When I made these I used Splenda for baking in place of the sugar. Next time I make them I plan to crush up my cornflakes fine. I got this recipe from Tops courtesy of the US Highbush Blueberry Council.
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats, plus
- 1⁄2 tablespoon quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup unsweetened frozen blueberries
- 6 ounces corn flakes cereal, coarsely crushed or 6 ounces crispy rice cereal, squares coarsely crushed
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Place butter and sugar in mixer, with the paddle attachment, mix at low speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Add milk, flour mixture, and oats; stir until blended, scraping down sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Stir in blueberries (batter will be stiff).
- Spread evenly in a greased 9x13" pan.
- Sprinkle cereal over top.
- Bake at 350 until golden brown and tester comes comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool in pan. Cut into bars.
These are pretty good! Next time I think I'll add more blueberries (I can never get enough). The only change I made to the recipe was putting crushed frosted flakes on top instead of plain corn flakes--anything to get a little more sugar! I really like it with the frosted flakes. Thanks for a keeper.