Recipe by Lvs2Cook
These are so good! I got the recipe off a now defunct message board and have made them many times. They are excellent for breakfast or for any time of day. I am guessing on the amount of servings.
Top Review by Kay D.
Well, they were just a tad more coffeecake-like than I was expecting, but they didn't lack for flavor. I used homemade blueberry pie filling, but otherwise followed recipe as it was written.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and butter; add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Stir until blended.
- Spread half of the mixture onto an ungreased 15x10 baking pan.
- Carefully top with pie filling.
- Drop remaining dough on top by teaspoonfuls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Do not underbake.
- Combine powdered sugar, melted butter and lemon juice and drizzle over warm bars.