Recipe by patriciamercer84
This is one of those great party brunch casseroles. It's easy to assemble the night before and just pop in the oven an hour before needed in the morning.
- 1 loaf white bread, crusts removed, bread cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (you can also use frozen blueberries)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup, plus more for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease an 8 or 9-inch square baking dish. Place half of the bread cubes in the dish. Sprinkle cream cheese cubes and half of the blueberries over the bread. Top with remaining bread cubes and blueberries.
- Combine eggs, milk, maple syrup and butter in a large bowl and pour over bread mixture.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cover with aluminum foil if you notice the edges browning too much during baking.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares to serve. Serve with additional maple syrup. Can be prepared the night before, and baked before serving.