Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe in a Holiday version of a Pillsbury cook book. It makes a wonderful addition to any holiday meal.
- 591.47 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml allspice
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml blueberries, frozen
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
- 59.14 ml white chocolate chips
- 44.37 ml powdered sugar
- 29.58 ml milk
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and allspice together into a large mixing bowl.
- In a seperate mixing bowl beat buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs until blended.
- Slowly mix dry mixture into wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in blueberries and pecans.
- Grease 9X5 inch loaf pan and pour batter into pan.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until knife inserted into bread comes out clean.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chips.
- Beat in powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle icing over cooled blueberry bread, and allow to icing to set before serving.
- Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes then remove by running a knife around edges of pan to loosen bread. Remove bread and cool completely.
Delicious! I didn't have any allspice so I substituted 1/8 teaspoon each of ground cloves and cinnamon. The house smelled so good while this was baking! Thanks for posting! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
I doubled this recipe. The loaves came out chocked full of blueberries and a nice moist texture.I iced while still warm, made a slight glaze on the bread. We had slices with our coffee this morning. My husband gave it a 4 rating, I agree with that. Thank U for this recipe....