1/2 Photos of Blueberry Bread Puddings With Lemon Curd
1 hr 15 mins
Tart lemon curd tops individual bread puddings laced with berries. Fresh blueberries also work well in this recipe. Prepare the lemon curd while the puddings bake. Time includes minimum 30 minutes for chilling and 30 minutes for baking. From Cooking Light November 2002.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 1/2 cups cubed French bread (about 8 ounces, 1/2-inch cubes)
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries, divided
- 1To prepare puddings, combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add bread, tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°.
- 3Divide half of bread mixture evenly among 8 (6-ounce) ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with 3/4 cup berries. Divide remaining bread mixture among ramekins; top with 3/4 cup berries.
- 4Cover each ramekin with foil. Place ramekins in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake, covered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5To prepare lemon curd, combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1 egg in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk. Cook 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves and mixture is light in color, stirring constantly. Stir in lemon juice and butter; cook 2 minutes or until mixture coats the back of a spoon, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 6Place saucepan in a large ice-filled bowl for 5 minutes or until lemon curd cools to room temperature. Serve lemon curd over warm bread puddings.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Bread Puddings With Lemon Curd
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.1
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 111.3 mg
- Sodium 496.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 31.8 g
- Protein 10.9 g