1/2 Photos of Blueberry Bread Pudding With Custard Sauce
Blueberries are so yummy, especially in this dessert! Cook time includes time for makeing sauce. The sweet dessert known as Bread pudding (not be confused with bread and butter pudding) is rather more popular in the UK than in the US, but it is hardly unknown in America, especially in the south. Bread Pudding has been around a long time. It’s been around in England since the 13th century. It has its origins as a source of food for the poorer elements of society, and was in fact called “Poor Man’s Pudding”.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 cups French bread cubes (1/2-inch)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1Pudding: Melt butter in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- 2Combine next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat well.
- 3Add bread cubes, and let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Fold in blueberries and lemon rind; spoon into prepared dish.
- 5Bake at 350* for 35 minutes or until lightly browned and puffed.
- 6Serve warm with Custard Sauce.
- 7Yield: 10 servings Custard Sauce: Combine eggs, sugar, and salt in top of a double boiler, beating well.
- 8Gradually stir about 1/2 cup milk into egg mixture; add remaining milk, stirring constantly.
- 9Bring water in bottom of double boiler to a boil.
- 10Reduce heat to low; cook custard over hot water, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- 11Cool slightly.
- 12Add vanilla and lemon rind.
- 13Yield: 1 1/3 cups.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Bread Pudding With Custard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (783 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 144.9 mg
- Sodium 1221.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 22.8 g