Recipe by Ceezie
This is a low fat version that is made with skim milk and Egg Beaters. This is one of the best bread puddings I have ever had. I make this at Easter every year and get rave reviews.
- 473.18 ml skim milk
- 236.59 ml egg substitute or 4 eggs
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml grd cinnamon
- 1064.65 ml sourdough bread, cubed
- 236.59 ml blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 59.14 ml skim milk
- 14 caramels
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, blend together milk, egg, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside. dump the bread cubes in the bowl and let soak for a few minutes. Place this mixture into a greased 8x8x2-inch baking dish; sprinkle with blueberries.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until set. Serve warm with caramel sauce.
- To make caramel sauce; heat milk and caramels until caramels are melted, stirring frequently.