Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love bread pudding and I love blueberries, so this one is a WINNER for me!
- 4 cups bread cubes
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, cut in pieces
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh rinsed well and drained, or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- cream (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine bread, butter, sugar, salt, blueberries, water, and lemon juice.
- Pack mixture into a generously buttered 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350, for 40 minutes, until set.
- Serve blueberry bread pudding hot or cold with cream or a Bourbon Sauce.
I bought a whole bucket of blueberries and was looking for some blueberries and came across a couple of yours that looked really good. This is one of them that we just loved! Loaded with blueberries and just the right amount of everything for us. Every bite had us digging in for more. Really delicious with a spoonful or two of whipped cream!
Blueberry lovers will really love it! I wanted to wait until I could get some good looking berries, and now with summer here, I couldn't wait to make these. I brought it into work to share and went home with an empty container. Everyone was owwing and ahhing with each bite, so it went over very well!