Bread pudding dotted with blueberries has a soft center and a crunchy top. It's not to sweet so go ahead and top it with the easy caramel sauce.This is good for Breafast, Brunch or Dessert!
- 1892.72 ml cubed day old bread
- 8 large eggs
- 354.88 ml fresh blueberries or 354.88 ml frozen blueberries
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 236.59 ml milk
- 1 lemon zest
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml salt
- 59.16 ml sweet butter
- 14.79 ml light brown sugar, roughly chopped
- 236.59 ml prepared caramel topping
- 14.79 ml whiskey, rum or favorite liquour
- In a butter 8 X 8 oven proof pan place 1/2 the bread cubes in pan place 1/2 the blueberries top remaining bread and then blueberries.
- Mix eggs, cream, milk, zest, cinnamon, extract, sugar and salt.
- Pour over bread pressing gentle to submerge bread then cover with plastic wrap and soak for one hour.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Remove wrap sprinkle brown sugar on top and dot with butter.
- Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Just before serving heat caramel and whiskey in a microwave proof dish.
- Dust pudding with powdered sugar and pour some sauce over pudding.