Bread pudding dotted with blueberries has a soft center and a crunchy top. It's not to sweet so go ahead and top it with the easy caramel sauce.This is good for Breafast, Brunch or Dessert!
- 8 cups cubed day old bread
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, roughly chopped
- 1 cup prepared caramel topping
- 1 tablespoon whiskey, rum or favorite liquour
- In a butter 8 X 8 oven proof pan place 1/2 the bread cubes in pan place 1/2 the blueberries top remaining bread and then blueberries.
- Mix eggs, cream, milk, zest, cinnamon, extract, sugar and salt.
- Pour over bread pressing gentle to submerge bread then cover with plastic wrap and soak for one hour.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Remove wrap sprinkle brown sugar on top and dot with butter.
- Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Just before serving heat caramel and whiskey in a microwave proof dish.
- Dust pudding with powdered sugar and pour some sauce over pudding.