Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Found this recipe on a piece on notebook paper and want to put it here for future use. This recipe was given to me by a very nice lady at Penzeys in Rockville, Md.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and mix until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix into butter mixture. Do not over beat.
- Dredge lemon rind and blueberries in 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Fold into batter.
- Spray a bread pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Place batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat sugar and lemon juice until dissolved.
- Pierce bread all over with holes.
- Pour lemon mixture over bread.
- Cool bread for 30 minutes.
Just had my first bite and yummmmm! Now, I did have a small panic attack when I was making this it was VERY dry, (maybe you forgot a few ingredients? :)) So I improvised and added 2 eggs, 1 tsp of vanilla 1/3 c. of vegetable oil and 1/3 c. of water...turned out very good. I also was not sure about the mixture for the lemon topping so I did 3 tbsp of lemon juice and another 1/3 c. of sugar. Definitely a recipe I will make again, it's a nice alternative to banana bread. Thanks for posting this recipe!