Recipe by She-Thing
I came across these in a vegan cookbook and they are delicious! My parents hate vegan food, but they always ask me to make these for them.
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup raw wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup oil (I use vegetable oil)
- 1 cup soy yogurt (preferrably blueberry)
- 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups blueberries (Thawed if you're using the frozen kind)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix cereal, wheat germ, oil, soy-ghurt, milk and vanilla.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, soy flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Gently fold in blueberries. Once again, make sure they're thawed and relatively dry or your muffins will be blue and wet.
- Fill lined muffin tins 2/3 way full and bake for 22-25 minutes. You may have to bake them a little longer because my oven is extremely hot, so I only bake them for 22.