Recipe by Chrissyo
Another yummy gluten free recipe from Australia's Super Food Ideas.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
These were really good. They baked up nicely, and the texture is pleasantly chewy. Next time I'll reduce the sugar, though, because the vanilla yoghurt already was pretty sweet.
Thanks for posting!
Made for A ??? day in Bargain Basement.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato flour
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free cornflour
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice bran
- 60 g reduced fat margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup gluten-free low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flours, baking powder, soda and xanthan gum into a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and rice bran, mixing well Add margarine to flour with eggs, yoghurt, milk and vanillia essence.
- Beat all ingredients well with an electric beater.
- Finally, add fresh blueberries.
- Stir lightly with spoon so as to not break open blueberries.
- Pour batter evenly into 12 non-stick muffin pans.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180c) for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Eat warm or cold.