Recipe by Geojlc
I got the original Moist Bran Muffins from Taste Of Home (Reiman Publications). I changed the white flour to whole wheat and the sugar to Splenda. I also added blueberries and cinnamon to make a yummy muffin.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup natural bran (I use FibreOne)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour (I use a white wheat)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease or paper 6 standard sized muffin cups.
- Combine milk and bran and let sit for 5 minutes.
- While waiting for the milk and bran, sift together the dry ingredients.
- At the end of 5 minutes, add oil to the milk/bran mixture.
- Stir in dry ingredients and blueberries only until ingredients are combined.
- Fill muffin cups to the top (they will not rise very much).
- Bake 18-20 minutes.