Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy fruity muffin made with fresh blueberries and bran flakes.
- 2 1⁄2 cups bran flakes
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh blueberries, washed
- Measure cereal into mixing bowl and stir in milk.
- Let sit a few minutes to soften.
- Stir in baking powder, salt, sugar, almond extract, egg and margarine.
- Mix well.
- Stir in flour.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into 12 muffins cups that you have sprayed well with Pam.
- Sprinkle more sugar on top of each muffin, if desired.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Making these for the second time right now. They're super yummy! Made them with less berries per the comments and they turn out awesome. Just sweet enough but substantial and fiber-rific!
Mine made about 20 muffins and they burned on the bottom. They did taste great, i'd make them again just lower the heat.