Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made these muffins last week to go in the lunches - all 3 boys liked them and they used up some cereal that was just about past its prime! Recipe is courtesy of Anna Olson, from her cookbook Another Cup of Sugar.
- 2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375f and grease a 12 cup muffin pan (or use paper cups).
- Toss cereal with sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. In a seperate bowl, whisk oil, egg and buttermilk. Add buttermilk mixture to cereal mixture and stir just until blended. Stir in blueberries and spoon into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until tester inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
Great tasting muffins! Other than being a touch short on the blueberries made as posted with excellent results - just as I expected from an Anna Olson recipe! Like to add a new recipe to the tried and true when having weekend company - this one is definitely being added to my Easter brunch - and to my 'Family Favorites Cookbook'.
I tired these, except I switched the flour for Gluten-Free Rice Flour Baking Mix , and I became a little worried because the batter was very runny and looked like yogurt! But I decided to continue on and bake them anyway. And to my amazement, opening the oven they looked great! The taste is a little different, it may take some getting used to, but I certinly will try these again!