Prep 12 mins
Cook 13 mins
These are wonderful muffins, if you're looking for healthy but the taste of oh-so-good. I just picked Saskatoon berries, and didn't have blueberries on hand, so I used those. Also, I put in 2/5 c. brown sugar, instead of the full cup, when I doubled the recipe, and olive oil to replace vegetable oil. The recipe said to bake for 20-25 minutes, but I didn't want to burn them, so I took them out after 14 minutes. But it's fabulous recipe that I found on the All-Bran cereal box, and thought I'd share! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-bran cereal
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (unthawed) berries
- Preheat oven 400 F.
- Stir flours, baking powder, soda, and salt together, set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cereal, milk and juice. Let stand 3 minute or until cereal softens. Add egg, oil and sugar. Beat well.
- Add flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in berries. Spoon batter evenly into lightly greased or paper-lined muffin tin.
- Bake at 400 F 12-14 min or until golden brown and tops of muffins spring back when lightly touched.