Recipe by Sage
These are moist and full of berries. I found in my GI diet cookbook; a great healthy snack!
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Berrylicious! I've made bran muffins following the recipe on the All-Bran box before but these are much better! I had never used wheat bran and found it in the bins at Whole Foods. It's so light that the cost for a cup was seven cents! Substitutes: I don't have canola so used grapeseed oil; didn't have liquid eggs so used one egg plus one egg white; I used half blueberries and half dark cherries; also I used low-fat buttermilk. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup liquid egg
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Combine All Bran and Wheat bran together.
- Stir in buttermilk and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in liquid eggs, oil and vanilla; set aside.
- In separate bowl combine flour,Splenda, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Stir into cereal mixture just until moistened. Stir in berries.
- Divide batter among muffin tins.
- Bake 25 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean.
- Can be frozen.
- Tip; Frozen berries work.