Recipe by Little Suzy Homemaker
This recipe is from Bon Appetit June 2007 source is the Ristretto Roasters in Oregon. This recipe calls for muffin pans with 1 cups muffin cups. If you use a standard muffin pan (with 1/3 cup muffin cups), bake the muffins for only about 30 minutes. Using the smaller pan will make about 24 muffins.
- Pam cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon morton's coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup dark molasses
- 3 large eggs
- 6 cups wheat bran
- 2 cups frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12 1-cup muffin cups with nonstick spray.
- Whisk flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in medium bowl.
- Whisk sour cream, sugar, oil, molasses and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add wheat bran and stir until almost blended.
- Add frozen berries and stir until evenly disrtibuted.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups, about 2/3 cup each.
- Bake muffins until tester inserted into center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 37 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool completely.
- Can be made 8 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.