Top Review by 974910
This cake is so easy to make, and WOW it's fantastic!! I took it to a 4th of July family gathering and the 8 of us finished it ALL!! The only things I altered was: I like a lot of crumbs so I made extra after removing the 3/4 cup, and I tossed the berries with a little flour so they would stay suspended in the batter. <br/>Thanks so much for a wonderful cake!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, sugar, & butter.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of this mixture for topping.
- To remainder, add salt, baking powder, vanilla, milk, & egg yolks.
- Blend well.
- Beat egg whites until firm; fold into batter and pour into 9" X 13" baking pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries over top, and then remainder of reserved flour/sugar/butter mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 40-50 minutes.