- Mix together flour, sugar, & butter.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of this mixture for topping.
- To remainder, add salt, baking powder, vanilla, milk, & egg yolks.
- Blend well.
- Beat egg whites until firm; fold into batter and pour into 9" X 13" baking pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries over top, and then remainder of reserved flour/sugar/butter mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 40-50 minutes.
This cake is so easy to make, and WOW it's fantastic!! I took it to a 4th of July family gathering and the 8 of us finished it ALL!! The only things I altered was: I like a lot of crumbs so I made extra after removing the 3/4 cup, and I tossed the berries with a little flour so they would stay suspended in the batter. <br/>Thanks so much for a wonderful cake!!
Wow this was so moist and soft and light and delicious! I subsituted frozen mixed berries and it came out wonderful. Will make again and again!
This cake is terrific! The last time that I made it I used about 1.5 cups of frozen blueberries and 1.5 cups of fresh strawberries ...my family LOVED it! I think that I will also try making it with other berries such as raspberries or blackberries when they are in season. Strawberry and rhubarb would probably be good too. I try to serve this cake when it's still warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but it's also very good cooled down & on it's own.