Recipe by Caryn
A simple blueberry dessert recipe. Comes from the Pillbury Bake-Off Dessert Cookbook (1980's).
Top Review by Dianepa
This recipe is great!!! It is easy to put together and it tast great! My family loved it. It can be used as a dessert or as a coffee cake. My daughter suggested using the recipe as blueberry muffins. I used whole wheat pastry flour, and the cake was fine.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen or canned (drain)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, baking powder, salt,butter, milk, and eggs.
- Blend at low speed till dry ingredients are moistened then on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Arrange blueberries evenly on top of batter.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or till cake springs back when touched in the center.
- Cut into squares and serve warm with whipped cream or ice-cream.