Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delicious smoothie is a great way to start your day and is a great breakfast option for people on-the-go. Not only are blueberries healthy and low in calories they are also known for their ability to destroy free radicals. Bananas are loaded with potassium and low in sodium which is great news for the healthy heart-conscious consumer. This excellent potassium-packed breakfast or pre-workout snack is perfect for athletes. Use organic products when possible for the best taste and healthier smoothie. Enjoy!
- 2⁄3 cup frozen blueberries or 2⁄3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup organic vanilla yogurt (can use fat free)
- 1 banana
- 1⁄2 cup cold fruit juice, your choice (we use blueberry, raspberry or white grape juice)
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- Put ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until it is your desired consistency.
- For a thicker shake or if you use fresh berries add a few ice cubes.
Delicious, great way to get fruit in. I used flax seed instead of wheat germ, and cranberry juice to thin out the smoothie. Thanks for sharing.
I used frozen berries, non-fat yogurt, pomegranate/cherry juice & only half a banana. Best smoothie I've had.
Pom cherry juice is the best with this smoothie. Should be rated six stars! <br/>My husband and I have made lots of smoothies over the years and this is the best one!