Recipe by That is Dr House to you
From Gourmet, July 2007. A lovely fruit syrup made from my favorites for summer. Best made with fresh picked. I would have just made a batch but the all the blackberries and Blueberries didn't quite make it home... Come to think of it the pails of blackberries never did quite make it all home...
- 10 ounces blueberries
- 12 ounces blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick, 3 inch
- 1 whole clove
- 1 green cardamom pod (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in saucepan.
- Stirring until sugar dissolves then reduce heat simmer uncovered until fruit is very soft. Stir occasionally. About 30 minutes.
- Strain with a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Press gently and discard solids.
- Cool first then chill. Keep covered.