Prep 45 mins
Cook 19 mins
In 'A Passion For Baking' by Marcy Goldman
Make and share this Blueberry-Blackberry Honey Butter-Glazed Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup frozen blackberrie (or raspberries)
- milk or melted butter, for brushing
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- Put lemon juice in a 1 cup measuring cup, pour in the whipping cream to 1 cup mark, and let stand a few minutes to make soured cream.
- Preheat oven to 425°; stack two baking sheets together and line the top sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange oven rack to upper third position.
- In a food processor, add flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and blend briefly.
- Add butter and pulse to make a coarse, grainy mixture.
- Turn out mixture into a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- Add egg, vanilla, and enough soured cream to make a soft but firm dough.
- Gently fold in berries.
- Knead briefly on a lightly floured work surface, adding more flour, if required to make a firm dough.
- Pat out to 1-inch thickness.
- Cut into wedges or rounds and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Brush each scone with milk or melted butter.
- Bake until scones are nicely browned, about 16-19 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat honey and butter in a liquid measuring cup in a microwave until mixture is just simmering, about 1 1/2 minutes at HIGH, stirring after 45 seconds.
- Brush scones lightly with honey-butter glaze as they come out of oven.
- Let stand on baking sheets; repeat with more honey-butter glaze, more generously, about 15 minutes later.