Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love farmer's markets and all the fresh berries that I do NOT have to pick! I brought home some fresh blueberries and blackberries and made a fabulous, healthy crisp. I am "leaning" into clean eating so have been modifying a lot of my favorite recipes to be clean, higher in nutrition, and even more awesome.
- 4 cups blueberries
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour, organic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 brown sugar, organic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats, organic
- 2 tablespoons coconut, unsweetened organic
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Clean the berries, removing all stems from the blueberries.
- In a small bown lix together flour, sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon
- If using frozen berries, add another tbs cornstarch.
- Toss berries with sugar/flour mixture to coat.
- In separate bowl, mix topping ingredients (dry) together then cut in softened butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over berry mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the topping is crisp.
- I like to make individual servings in silicon muffin "tins". In this case, I cook down the berry mixture for 10 minutes in the microwave and then spoon into the silicon cups. Top with topping and bake for 15 minutes at 350. I would do the same with ramekins because blueberries bake down so much.