Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My dad is responsible for this recipe. He would make these for me as after-school snacks and now I make them for after-work snacks!They're just simple and good!
- 12 slices crustless white bread
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup blueberry jam
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Roll bread flat with rolling pin.
- mix the next 3 ingredients together and put about 2-3 tablespoons of mixture onto the bread.
- fold the bread into a square and press around edges to hold together.
- brush the butter around the edges.
- bake at 400 degrees about 5 minutes each side.
I really liked these. After Jesse's review, I did add a touch of sugar to the cream cheese, and then as soon as they were done, I sprinkled them with some powdered sugar. This one is a guilty pleasure!
These were not what I had hoped for. I would almost bet that with less cream cheese, some sugar and a touch of cinnamon on top it might be a lot better. I liked the idea, cream cheese with fruit is an all time hit around my house, but this just was not a hit. Any suggestions? SORRY!