Recipe by vadapao
Found this recipe browsing to look for a recipe of Bojangles Boberry sweet biscuits. Haven't tried it yet but I wanted to save it somehow-- and what better way than to post it on zaar! Original recipe at southernfood.about.com
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, divided (thanks to the suggestion from @ngdarlen add more flour till the dough is biscuit dough consistency)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon peel
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup unthawed frozen blueberries (keep frozen right up until adding to dough)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 2 cups of the flour with the sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, salt, and soda in a large bowl.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal. Mix egg and buttermilk then stir into the flour mixture.
- Stir in the frozen blueberries.
- Sprinkle remaining flour on the countertop. Scrape dough out onto the flour; flour fingers and gently knead 6 or 7 times, just until dough begins to hold together.
- Pat dough into a rectangle or round 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut out rounds with a floured 2-inch cutter or glass.
- Place biscuits 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in center of a preheated 400° oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Combine topping ingredients and brush over the warm biscuits.