Recipe by Marney
This was my grandmother-in-law's recipe. I haven't made them in a long time but I used to love them.
Top Review by MommaEllen
What a nice breakfast biscuit. We slathered the warm biscuits with butter and "recipe#42038", like jam. Next time I think we will sprinkle sugar over the top of the biscuits before baking for a slightly sweeter taste. Thank you! Made for Fall PAC '08.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees farenheit.
- Mix the sugar and 2 tablespoons of flour in a small dish, roll the blueberries until coated.
- Mix the 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut in the shortening until the mixture is soft and crumbly. Form a well in the center and pour in the milk. Stir with a fork until barely blended. Fold in the blueberries.
- Turn the dough out onto a well floured board, it will be sticky. Flour hands and divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a flattened circle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake for 15-16 minutes until nicely browned.
- Remove immediately from baking sheet to a rack to cool.