This was my grandmother-in-law's recipe. I haven't made them in a long time but I used to love them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 325 degrees farenheit.
- 2Mix the sugar and 2 tablespoons of flour in a small dish, roll the blueberries until coated.
- 3Mix the 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut in the shortening until the mixture is soft and crumbly. Form a well in the center and pour in the milk. Stir with a fork until barely blended. Fold in the blueberries.
- 4Turn the dough out onto a well floured board, it will be sticky. Flour hands and divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a flattened circle about 1/2 inch thick.
- 5Place biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake for 15-16 minutes until nicely browned.
- 6Remove immediately from baking sheet to a rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 228.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g