1/1 Photo of Blueberry Biscotti
1 hr 4 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
To enhance the flavor, blueberries may be microwaved for 1 minute. Though this may change the color of the biscotti's. Recipe may be doubled. The recipe comes from KitchenAid.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- 3In the bowl of your Mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- 4Add flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest and beat just until combined.
- 5Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- 6Add the nuts blueberries and anise seeds and mix until combined.
- 7Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and shape it into a 12-inch-long log.
- 8Transfer log to the prepared baking sheet with a spatula.
- 9Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is firm to the touch.
- 10Allow log to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- 11Leave oven on.
- 12Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 13Place the biscotti cut side up on the lined baking sheet and bake an additional 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- 14Cool completely on wire rack.
- 15Store in a airtight container in a cool dry place up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (606 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.4
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 22.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of