Very nice not hard cookie. Berries keep them moist, and the anise gives a great shot of flavour. Don't be tempted to put more berries, beacuse this is really the right amount for this cookie...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lemon, zest of (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds or 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon anise seed
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- 2Line cookie sheet with parchment.
- 3Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 4Add eggs one at a time.
- 5Sift in all dry ingredients.
- 6Fold in the almonds then the fruit lightly.
- 7Make into two large logs and flatten down to 4 inches wide.
- 8Keeping each well apart for rising.
- 9Bake 30 minutes or until firm.
- 10Remove and cool.
- 11Slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- 12Place back onto parchment and bake cut side down another 15 minutes, turning mid way thru, so both sides get toasted.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Biscotti 1989
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.8
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 25.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g