Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful way to use those fresh blueberries. =)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Crust: Cream shortening, white sugar, one egg, milk, and ¾ tsp.
- ,almond extract.
- Mix in flour and baking powder.
- Spread crust evenly in baking pan.
- Top w/ blueberries.
- Topping: In a medium sized bowl beat 2 eggs and cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in powdered/confectioners sugar and 1 tsp almond extract.
- Spread over blueberries.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool in the pan before cutting.