Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
A blueberry filled dessert bar with the consistency of Fig Newtons.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 pint blueberry preserves
- Cream butter & sugar well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add milk, vanilla, allspice & lemon & blend.
- In the first cup of flour, add baking powder & salt. beat inches.
- Continue adding flour until the dough reaches the proper consistancy for rolling.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts, wrapp in plastic & chill in the refrigorator for 10-15 minutes.
- Roll each piece between 2 pieces of waxed paper into roughly an 8 inch square.
- Remove top layer of waxed paper & make an indentation with the back of a knife across the center.
- Spoon jam on one half, fold dough over from the center line, pinch edges to seal & cut into bars.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until light tan.
- Remove & cool on rack.