Recipe by TLM5
The ingredients in this may sound strange together but it's actually a light and refreshing dessert. My Mom always made it to take to church potluck dinners and it was always a hit. I needed a quick dessert that would feed a crowd and this one was perfect. My husband is a choc-aholic even likes this one! Origination unknown.
Top Review by Ms. Poppy
One of my favorite desserts! My mom always put the bananas on top of the crust too. Everyone loves this dessert & my brother even wanted it for his wedding cake! Yea, well, that didn't happen... haha.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (15 ounce) cans blueberry pie filling (depending on brand the size may vary)
- 3 bananas
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (2 5/8 ounce) boxkraft Dream Whip (use 2 individual packages)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust: mix graham crackers crumbs, melted margarine and 1/4 cup sugar in a 9x13 glass pan. Press into the bottom of the pan to make a crust. Chill in the refrigerator while making the topping. (Note: You may need to add a little more melted margarine if the crumbs appear to be too dry, however, you don't want the crust to be greasy.).
- In a deep bowl, mix cream cheese, Dream Whip, milk and 1/2 cup sugar with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over crust.
- Slice bananas in 1/4 inch slices and cover cream cheese mixture. (You may need more than 3 bananas if they are small.).
- Pour blueberry pie filling over bananas and spread evenly.
- Chill until ready to serve.