Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this recipe off of a Land o' Lakes container and it looked pretty good to save.
Make and share this Blueberry Banana Snack Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml melted margarine (or butter)
- 59.14 ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4 medium bananas (mashed (about two cups)
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 0.59 ml salt
- 236.59 ml blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- powdered sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In large mixer bowl combine sugar, margarine, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Add bananas; continue beating until well mixed.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat at low speed until moistened.
- By hand, stir in blueberries.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups until about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- After cooling, sprinkle with powdered sugar, if you want.
My family & I loved this recipe! I had some canned blueberries and used those instead of fresh/frozen. I drained them really well (did not rinse them) and folded them in gently. The can provided about 1 cup blueberries. I also used a well-greased 12x8 glass baking dish instead of a cupcake tin. I baked it at 350-degrees for 25 minutes, but it was not done at that point. I continued baking it for another 10 minutes (35 minutes total) before the toothpick came out clean, and it was fully baked throughout at that point. However, it might have come out slightly more moist if the timing had been a few minutes less. I glazed it with a simple powdered sugar & milk glaze, which everyone liked. The only thing I forgot to do was add the vanilla, but it still tasted fine. I think this snack cake would be better with nuts (walnuts or pecans), although my family liked it fine without them. I plan to make this again sometime for refreshments at my Sunday school class. Yummy stuff! Good for breakfast or anytime!
Nice tasting snack cakes. They were so moist and delicious. Thanks for posting.
These are super banana-y and yummy! Next time we make them though, we're going to sub 1/2 applesauce for all the butter.