Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a great breakfast on the go, using banana, blueberries and non dairy mlk. Adding ground flax offers a healthful boost of omega 3s, fiber and protein. Got this from Whole Foods and changed it around a little.
- 1 banana, peeled, cut into 2 inch chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup silken soft tofu (or soy yogurt) (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk (or rice milk or almond milk, (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar, to taste (or honey or maple syrup)
- 1⁄2 cup ice cube (optional)
- Put all ingredients into a blender and purée until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
I used a fresh ripe banana, frozen blueberries, plain yogurt, chia seeds instead of flax. And no syrup to sweeten it. It was perfect like that. The sweetness of the banana made it sweet just a little bit. Thanks Sharon :) Made for Newest Zaar tag