This makes a great breakfast on the go, using banana, blueberries and non dairy mlk. Adding ground flax offers a healthful boost of omega 3s, fiber and protein. Got this from Whole Foods and changed it around a little.
- 1 banana, peeled, cut into 2 inch chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup silken soft tofu (or soy yogurt) (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk (or rice milk or almond milk, (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar, to taste (or honey or maple syrup)
- 1⁄2 cup ice cube (optional)
- Put all ingredients into a blender and purée until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.