Prep 3 mins
Cook 4 mins
1/3 cup = 1 packet of instant oatmeal. Try plain oatmeal or experiment with the flavored ones. It's cholesterol free, low in fat, with a serving of fiber, fruit and protein!
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 banana
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- Combine all ingredients. You can substitute any fruits you like.
- Cook in 2 minutes on each side in preheated nonstick pan or until golden. Makes either one large or several small pancakes.
- Delicious plain or with syrup!
decent recipe...i think it just needs some work on texture also...frozen banana's do not work well for this recipe--> just plain gooey
I just had those pancakes for breakfast. Delicious! I made two smaller ones out of the recipe and had them with some smart balance buttery spread and light maple syrup on it.