Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Betty Crocker's Diabetes Cookbook shares a recipe! Looking for a low-fat treat? Here's a keeper. Prep Time:15 min Start to Finish:3 hr 25 min Makes:1 loaf (16 slices)
- 2 3⁄4 cups Bisquick Heart Smart mix
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries
- Heat oven to 375°F Grease bottom only of 9x5-inch loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, sugar, oats, bananas, milk and eggs until moistened; beat vigorously 30 seconds. Gently stir in blueberries. Pour into pan.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen loaf from sides of pan; remove from pan and place top side up on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Add 1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour with ingredients in step 2. Bake 55 to 60 minutes.
Very good bread and super easy to make. I used frozen whole cranberries instead of blueberries. Will for sure make this again. May add cinnaman and nutmeg next time.
We LOVE this recipe. I made two loaves (husband took one to work to share) and added a few extra frozen blueberrys (so I could use the entire bag), nuts and vanilla to each loaf. His dish from work came back empty and ours is already half gone. Very good recipe, thanks for sharing!
When I saw that Bisquick was the main ingredient I was intrigued. I made this for an office breakfast and all of it was eaten. I thought it was a tad dry so I used spray butter on it. Very tasty.