Recipe by rebeccalevings
Betty Crocker's Diabetes Cookbook shares a recipe! Looking for a low-fat treat? Here's a keeper. Prep Time:15 min Start to Finish:3 hr 25 min Makes:1 loaf (16 slices)
- 2 3⁄4 cups Bisquick Heart Smart mix
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Grease bottom only of 9x5-inch loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, sugar, oats, bananas, milk and eggs until moistened; beat vigorously 30 seconds. Gently stir in blueberries. Pour into pan.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen loaf from sides of pan; remove from pan and place top side up on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Add 1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour with ingredients in step 2. Bake 55 to 60 minutes.