1/2 Photos of Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal Bread
1 hr 10 mins
I'm pretty sure I got this recipe from Southern Living, most likely back in the 1980s. There are similar ones already post but I love this one the very best. The flavors of the bananas and blueberries are balanced and the bread is not icky-sweet. I've made both a loaf as well as muffins from this recipe, which doubles easily. Also freezes well...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup crisco vegetable shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup quick oats (I've used rolled oats and they're good too)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (I've been known to add up to a cup)
- 1Cream shortening and sugar till fluffy.
- 2Add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- 3Stir in banana.
- 4Combine remaining ingredients, stirring gently.
- 5Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing just until moistened.
- 6Turn into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- 7Bake at 350*F for 50-55 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal Bread
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.1
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 166.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g