1/1 Photo of Blueberry Banana Muffins (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 18 muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- 2Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- 3Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the baking soda, baking powder, sugar and then flour - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- 4Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- 5BLUEBERRY BANANA MUFFINS GIFT TAG:
- 6Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3/4 cup milk, 3/4 cup butter, melted, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 cups fresh blueberries and 1 large ripe banana, mashed.
- 7BLUEBERRY BANANA MUFFIN INSTRUCTIONS:
- 8Preheat oven to 375.
- 9In a large bowl, combine the milk, butter, eggs and extract.
- 10Add the contents of the jar, and stir just until mixed; do not overstir.
- 11Gently fold in blueberries and banana.
- 12Spoon the batter into greased or papered muffin tins, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- 13Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 14Cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- 15Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Banana Muffins (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.2
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 163.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 3.4 g