Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 18 muffins.
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the baking soda, baking powder, sugar and then flour - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- BLUEBERRY BANANA MUFFINS GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3/4 cup milk, 3/4 cup butter, melted, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 cups fresh blueberries and 1 large ripe banana, mashed.
- BLUEBERRY BANANA MUFFIN INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, butter, eggs and extract.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir just until mixed; do not overstir.
- Gently fold in blueberries and banana.
- Spoon the batter into greased or papered muffin tins, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
These are really delicious muffins! I made the actual muffins (not the gift jar) and just loved the combination of banana and blueberry. These muffins baked up big, moist and fluffy. Really enjoyed these - thanks for posting the recipe!
another great recipe to give for holiday gift giving, I made a batch up first and was very pleased with how the muffins turned out so I am going ahead and filling my jars, thank you for another great holiday idea Mom2Rose...Kitten:)
These are incredible! I've made 6 dozen in the past 3 days. They're moist, and are the perfect blending of flavours - the banana and blueberries go so well together. Maybe I'll actually give them as a gift in a jar next time...