Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from Jillian Michael's cookbook
Make and share this Blueberry Banana Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- olive oil, spray for the muffin tin
- 3⁄4 cup very ripe banana, mashed (about 2 bananas)
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt (I used organic Greek yogurt)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder (I just used regular)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (generous cup) or 1 fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray muffin tin or line with paper cups.
- In large bowl, place the bananas, yogurt, honey, olive oil, and vanilla. Stir together until well mixed.
- In separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir until JUST combined. Fold in blueberries and nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. (They will be full!) Place tin in the oven and reduce heat to 400 degrees. Bake for35 to 40 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Let cool in the tin for 10 to 15 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve warm. (For longer storage, let cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temp for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.).