my kid's mom's Note:
Recipe from Jillian Michael's cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil, spray for the muffin tin
- 3/4 cup very ripe banana, mashed (about 2 bananas)
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt (I used organic Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder (I just used regular)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (generous cup) or 1 fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray muffin tin or line with paper cups.
- 2In large bowl, place the bananas, yogurt, honey, olive oil, and vanilla. Stir together until well mixed.
- 3In separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir until JUST combined. Fold in blueberries and nuts.
- 5Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. (They will be full!) Place tin in the oven and reduce heat to 400 degrees. Bake for35 to 40 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- 6Let cool in the tin for 10 to 15 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve warm. (For longer storage, let cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temp for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.).
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Banana Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.4
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 224.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g