Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe adapted from Leslie Sarna.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt) together. Then add the sugar, egg, orange juice, and butter. Whisk together. Fold in the bananas and blueberries.
- Pour into a lined muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from pan when done and cool on rack. These are amazing warm with some butter : ).
Very Very good. Flavorful and moist. I like the fact that it only uses 2 T. of oil and o.j. for the added liquid. Cuts down on the fat content.