Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice light texture. I love these with or without blueberries. From "The Best Diabetes" Cookbook.
- 3⁄4 cup mashed banana (about 1 1/2 bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (you can use 1/4 cup)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt (I use sour cream) or 1⁄4 cup light sour cream (I use sour cream)
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F Spray or grease muffin tin.
- In a large bowl beat together bananas, sugar, oil, egg and vanilla until well mixed.
- Combine four, baking powder and baking soda; stir into bowl.
- Stir in yogurt; fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into muffin cups; bake 15-20 minutes or until tops are firm.
Made these for dinner to use up some of my over ripe bananas. I used dried blueberries, splenda instead of sugar, and strawberry yogurt (I didn't realize I was out of sour cream until in the midst of preparing dinner) They still turned out good. Thanks.