Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is an excellent recipe for banana blueberry loaf! Be sure to mash the bananas with a fork, don't puree them, this gives for a better texture to the loaf. This recipe makes two loaves, I have even made these in mini loaf pans also. These loaves freeze wonderful, and are even taste better the following day! I have used cranberries in place of the blueberries --- I have recently reduced the ingredient amounts to this recipe to yield one loaf instead of two, you may omit the cinnamon if desired.
Top Review by KELLYANDPANCH
This recipe was terrible! i'm a advanced baker and this was by far the worst banana blueberry cakes i have ever baked! It took for ever to make and came out very heavy and did not rise well at all, i even tried them in 12 large size muffin pans... way to heavy of a loaf pan recipe. waste of time!!!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (or use maple extract)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl combine the flour with the next 4 dry ingredients.
- In a bowl, cream the butter with sugar and vanilla until fluffy (about 4-5 minutes until no sugar granules remain, this is important!).
- Add in eggs, and beat well (about 2-3 minutes).
- Mix in the mashed banana until combined, then using a wooden spoon mix in the flour mixture just until combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.