Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an excellent recipe for banana blueberry loaf! Be sure to mash the bananas with a fork, don't puree them, this gives for a better texture to the loaf. This recipe makes two loaves, I have even made these in mini loaf pans also. These loaves freeze wonderful, and are even taste better the following day! I have used cranberries in place of the blueberries --- I have recently reduced the ingredient amounts to this recipe to yield one loaf instead of two, you may omit the cinnamon if desired.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (or use maple extract)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl combine the flour with the next 4 dry ingredients.
- In a bowl, cream the butter with sugar and vanilla until fluffy (about 4-5 minutes until no sugar granules remain, this is important!).
- Add in eggs, and beat well (about 2-3 minutes).
- Mix in the mashed banana until combined, then using a wooden spoon mix in the flour mixture just until combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
This recipe was terrible! i'm a advanced baker and this was by far the worst banana blueberry cakes i have ever baked! It took for ever to make and came out very heavy and did not rise well at all, i even tried them in 12 large size muffin pans... way to heavy of a loaf pan recipe. waste of time!!!!
This recipe was amazing. Very moist. What i did was reduced the flour the 1 3/4 cups and added half a cup of oatmeal. I also added an extra banana and it made all the difference! I would make this recipe again any day!
This was yummy!! I don't have 2 loaf pans, so I made one loaf and 24 mini muffins (baked 24 min)! They came out so cute! I noticed, however, that it took about 10 extra min for my loaf to bake than the time indicated. I was afraid the top would burn before the center was set, but all turned out well! I will be sure to keep this recipe bookmarked for the next time I run across a sale on fresh blueberries!