This is an excellent recipe for banana blueberry loaf! Be sure to mash the bananas with a fork, don't puree them, this gives for a better texture to the loaf. This recipe makes two loaves, I have even made these in mini loaf pans also. These loaves freeze wonderful, and are even taste better the following day! I have used cranberries in place of the blueberries --- I have recently reduced the ingredient amounts to this recipe to yield one loaf instead of two, you may omit the cinnamon if desired.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl combine the flour with the next 4 dry ingredients.
- In a bowl, cream the butter with sugar and vanilla until fluffy (about 4-5 minutes until no sugar granules remain, this is important!).
- Add in eggs, and beat well (about 2-3 minutes).
- Mix in the mashed banana until combined, then using a wooden spoon mix in the flour mixture just until combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.