Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you've never tried blueberries and bananas together, you're in for a treat! This is a delicious bread, and simply fabulous as muffins. Remember to use very ripe bananas for the best flavor - I wait until they're completely brown, and then peel and put in the freezer so that I can make banana bread whenever the mood hits me!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup blueberries (if frozen, don't defrost)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients (except blueberries).
- Lightly mix together the wet and dry ingredients. Stir in blueberries.
- Bake in greased large loaf pan for 60 minutes OR bake in muffin pan for 18-20 minutes.
- Turn out and serve warm or cool before slicing.
I've made this a couple of times and my family loves it! This recipe makes moist, delicious muffins and blueberries and bananas are a natural together. I did add in a handful of wheat germ just to bump up the nutrition a bit.
I made a batch of these for a group of folks who loved them. Very good recipe. Thanks for posting this, Lizzymommy, I will use it again!